Re: [NTLK] I just got a door and....

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 06:17:44 EDT

Dan,

> I just got a port door for my 2100 and looking at it, I assume I have to
> take apart the newt to install this? And to all who have done this.....any
> tips? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately you have to go all the way and remove (or just loosen) the
screen sub-assembly so you can slip the door posts into their slots.

Take advantage of this strip-down to clean as you go, check the touch screen
contacts are clean (and use a contact cleaner) and clean out the gunk that
accumulates in the microphone and the speaker. Check there is no dirt under
the screen bezel and on the edges of the screen itself.

Use some gentle compressed air from a can to blow out any dust from the
boards and connectors.

Ideally, use an eathing strap while handling the electronics.

Joel.