Re: [NTLK] I just got a door and....

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 12:50:43 EDT

>> I just got a port door for my 2100 and looking at it, I assume I have to
>> take apart the newt to install this? And to all who have done
this.....any
>> tips? Thanks in advance.
>
>Unfortunately you have to go all the way and remove (or just loosen) the
>screen sub-assembly so you can slip the door posts into their slots.

SHOOT! I don't know if I want to bother to do all of that. ESPECIALLY
since this unit is working (not to mention I got a warranty for 30 days yet
on
it). No wonder he didn't want to just send me a door but rather wanted me
to send the whole unit back and they would replace it. :/

And I know all about electronics, I fix computers quite often and will
certainly be grounded. But as I said I don't know if I want to bother to
open my green friend all the way like that for just a door. Dang now I
wish I spent the $10 on a dongle (wanted the port protected but it looks
like the electric tape will have to do for now) rather than this door I may
never use :/

Also is there any risk of getting "jaggies" from a working unit when you put
it back together? (I assume yes if dust or a contact is not perfect).

-Dan