Re: [NTLK] New accelerator idea. needs no crystal. Need Help.

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 10:38:43 EDT

Hi Andy,

this is the hit, really promising and really smart approach!!!
I really hope that Mr. PCB-man will have an eye on that too
(in order to find a good way to realize it).

Ok, it would have been a good idea to give us the link to the documents
because not everybody has them already.
But I found a good documentation at:
http://www.intel.com/design/strong/SA_110doc.htm

Having a first quick look into the docs I found the following:

It is explicitely said that the level on the CCCFG pins has to remain stable
all the time. Thus switching during having the processor running might cause
the processor to hang.

You should not use settings above a bit value of 11, because that would set
frequencies really beyond specification.

Have you connected the pins to the levels of VDDX/VSS accordingly?

How do you check if the core clock frequency is really increased?

There is described a test output TESTCLK, but you need to change the signal
TCK_BYP as well. And it is strongly recommended NOT to use it, because the
processor can be damaged easily...

I am curious to hear more.

Cheers
Johannes