Re: [NTLK] New accelerator idea. needs no crystal. Need Help.

From: Andy Collins (acollins_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 10:37:16 EDT

Hi Marco,

If the chip was designed by Apple I would assume that they did it right a
>made only the core frequency changable by these pins. If it is a standard
>PLL circuit it can be anything and we simply lack the schematics.

IIRC the StrongArm was originally designed by ARM, a spin-off from Acorn.
Yes, only the core frequency changed with these pins. The memory multiplier
is set by another 4 pins.

  I don't know how
>exactly you know the meaning of the pins but switching the 2 to the power 6
>pin means a factor of 64 which would lead to 236MHz and maybe already exceed
>the capabilities of the processor.
>--

The SA110 data sheet shows a table giving values at the pins and the
corresponding internal clock speed.

I.e.
CCCFG CCLK Frequency in MHz (3.57-MHz Input) CCLK Frequency in MHz
(3.68-MHz Input)
0 85.7 88.3
1 92.7 95.6
2 96.4 99.4