Re: [NTLK] Growing subject lines in replies

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 12:28:59 EDT

> {Cleaned up the subject line... Has anyone traced the origin of the whole
> 'subject line appended with the "in reply to" line and containing
> quoted-printable' problem??}

I assume the problem you're referring to is that a message goes is sent as "Blah" then gets bouced back to everyone on the list as "[NTLK] Blah" and then when someone replies it's "Re: [NTLK] Blah" which then turns into "[NTLK] Re: [NTLK] Blah" and so on (kind of like a black hole, except BHs can't be edited.. Okay, you can see I haven't had my coffee today)

   Does the list software have a way to put a regexp filter that would take anything whose subject line started with "Re: [NTLK]" (case and whitespace insensative) and strip out the [NTLK].

Jim