Re: [NTLK] Connecting an eMate to an iMac

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 00:42:40 EDT

on 10/07/02 23:54, Jim Martin at jimmartin_at_mindspring.com wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> Your solution makes lots of sense. But I don't have the Ethernet driver on a
> storage card, and don't know anyone who could beam it to me. So I guess my
> only real solution is to connect using the Newton serial cable and the
> Keyspan serial-to-USB converter?

Jim,

In which area do you live? Maybe someone around there would be able to help,
by lending you a card with the proper driver on it as a backup, as Peter
suggested or maybe someone in your area could beam you the packages.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

bug-compatible adj.: [common] Said of a design or revision that has been badly compromised by a requirement to be compatible with fossils or misfeatures in other programs or (esp.) previous releases of itself. "MS-DOS 2.0 used \ as apath separator to be bug-compatible with some cretin's choice of / as an option character in 1.0."