Re: [NTLK] article

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 15:18:28 EDT

On Thursday 11 July 2002 00:16, Jim Witte wrote:

> I think he's right in one way. I think computers will always have
> keyboards, at least for the forseeable future, because they allow for
> very rapid data entry for touch-typists. I can certainly type faster
> than I can write on the Newton (even if I'm using my usual sloppy
> scrawl).

This reminds me of a very interesting quote I read in an interview with
Don Knuth (You know, the guy who invented TeX). The interviewer asked him
why he still used pen and paper to write down his algorithms. Don answered
(something in the line of): "I can type faster than I can think, but I
cannot _write_ faster than I can think."

I'm going to look up that exact quote, because it /so/ is the Newton Way.

And maybe I should direct Dr. Knuth towards a Newton?

--
Karel Jansens.

"Ceteris censeo Fenestras delendas." (Cato - de Terrore Portarum)