[NTLK] Error (0) when starting NOTEPAD

From: Peter K. sanner (psanner_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 15:34:29 EDT

Hi there,

i have a strange problem. After a soft reset my notepad - was the backdrop
- disappeared. So first of all nothing except the buttonbar was on the
screen. i then made extras the backdrop, and when i try to start notepad
now by tapping on it i get an error (0) ... and nothing happens.

Anyone else who experienced this?

I was so happy now that i found a longshine ethernet card, and got at
least tcp-ip connections to the internet.

BTW: Is it possible to use ehternet to communicate with a PC as well, or
is that limmited to macs? And: I tryed to use NCU and newtonpress to
install packages via ethernet. Both first of all seem to communicate with
my mp2000, but after some bytes are transmitted (progress bar goes to
about 10%) it hangs. The mp2000 then after a while quits doing its job
complaining "transmission interupted because desktop did not reply" - or
something like that!

Ok, enough questions,

Best wishes, and thanks in advance,

PEter