[NTLK] HWR challenge (with prize!)

From: Jesse Garnier (jgarnier_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 21:27:52 EDT

Frank Gruendel wrote not long ago (7/16/02 7:38 PM):

>> I wonder if tests have been done with the rate that "trained"
>> people can get scribbling Graffiti on their Palms? (hehe :-)
>
> I'm using Fitaly on my Palm, and I'm ready to challenge everyone
> here trying to enter more characters per minute via HWR on
> his Newton.

Let the Newton handwriting challenge begin! I'll send the person who posts
the best time in Fitaly, Graffiti, or HWR their choice (if they want
anything) of 8mb SmartMedia or Compact Flash, postage paid in the U.S.

Post your best time to NewtonTalk by 12:01 EST Friday. No cheating. One
entry per person.

Time yourselves on this text from Mark Twain's Adventures of Huckleberry
Finn:

-- Begin --

Well, we swarmed along down the river road, just carrying on like wildcats;
and to make it more scary the sky was darking up, and the lightning
beginning to wink and flitter, and the wind to shiver amongst the leaves.
This was the most awful trouble and most dangersome I ever was in; and I was
kinder stunned; everything was going so different from what I had allowed
for; stead of being fixed so I could take my own time if I wanted to, and
see all the fun, and have Mary Jane at my back to save me and set me free
when the close-fit come, here was nothing in the world betwixt me and sudden
death but just them tattoo-marks. If they didn't find them -- I couldn't
bear to think about it; and yet, somehow, I couldn't think about nothing
else. It got darker and darker, and it was a beautiful time to give the
crowd the slip; but that big husky had me by the wrist -- Hines -- and a
body might as well try to give Goliar the slip. He dragged me right along,
he was so excited, and I had to run to keep up.

-- End --