Re: [NTLK] Getting a picture on my MP?

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 21:13:39 EDT

>I want to get an illustration onto my MP u2k, preferrably in such a state
>that I can paste it into a Notes or Works document. Do I have to make a
>newtonbook out of it or is there a more convenient (i.e.: direct) way to
>get it there?

Put a .gif or .jpeg image up on a Web or FTP site and download it to the
Newton with Newt'sCape or NewtFTP. If NewtFTP, save to the inbox. Open the
image in Newt'sCape, and "Save as book to NewtWorks". You can then
copy/paste the image to Notes or Works papers.

You can resize the image by pasting into a Works Draw paper, selecting it,
and dragging the resize handles. Constrain to 1:1 ratio (to avoid
stretching or squishing) by plugging in a hardware keyboard and pressing
"Shift" (still no way to do this without a hardware keyboard, even though I
keep begging.)

Oh yeah, you could also e-mail it to your Newton, open from the Inbox with
Newt'sCape, and do the "save as book" routine. If you leave the image in
the Inbox you can also use the nifty built-in image viewer to zoom/move
around, but it has to stay in the Inbox to do that (even though I keep
begging for a "Put away to Tibet" or "Put away to PhotoShow" option.)

-Jeremy