Re: [NTLK] DYNDNS client for Newton?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 00:46:09 EDT

Those of us with static IPs don't have this
problem...you can access my newt anytime of the day
at:
http://npds.tek-ed.com
Well, as long as it hasn't crashed...that is!
Besides...that's what the Tracker servers are for.
Just go to http://misato.chuma.org:2110 and you will
get a list with links to all the current NPDS machines
that are registered (mine isn't registered...the
tracker client caused major problems)
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Jeremy Bond Shepherd <jbond_at_eskimo.com> wrote:

> Wouldn't it be neat if some enterprising
> angel/developer would produce a
> DYNDNS client for Newton?
>
> <http://www.dyndns.org/>
>
> That way, we could access NPDS or NewtVNC servers by
> typing a hostname
> instead of an IP address. "jbond-newton.dyndns.org",
> anyone?
>
> -Jeremy
>

> --
> Read the List FAQ/Etiquette:
> http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
> Read the Newton FAQ:
> http://www.guns-media.com/mirrors/newton/faq/

=====
"I believe that viewers who skip television commercials are Thieves who are guilty of Stealing network programming"
 - Jamie Keller CEO/Chairman Turner Broadcasting