[NTLK] Please trim your replies (Was Re: Geez people, freaking get over it)

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 15:53:42 EDT

Can we please have a little more effort to trim replies? <hal9000x_at_mac.com>
had something to say which took him one line, but then quoted dozens more.
Not to pick on him -- this happens far too often on this list. This makes
it really hard for us reading in Digest mode.

Until/unless Victor can do something programmatically to reject postings
with very low quote/new text ratios, could we all please have some courtesy
for our fellow readers and quote only brief, relevant sections of messages
we are replying to? I promise to do the same.

Thank you,

-Jeremy

At 02:21 PM 7/19/2002 -0400, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

>Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:32:54 -0400
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Geez people, freaking get over it
>From: hal9000x <hal9000x_at_mac.com>
>

>I agree fully with all below.