[NTLK] Cases revisited...

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 22:56:45 EDT

Sorry to bring this back up -- I really did go through the archives, but
wasn't sure on the answer I was looking for...

Basically, if I want to hold a MP2x00, keyboard, some PCMCIA cards, some
cables (mainly phone and cellular cables for the modem), and maybe an extra
battery pack... What options do I have?

I currently have the Apple case that I believe is called the "portfolio"
case. It has a spot for the Newton which can be angled to your liking and the
other side holds the keyboard (plus it has those worthless straps), but it
doesn't seem to have anywhere to hide any goodies, right?

I also own a NewtBoot which is great for holding everything -- except for a
keyboard, of course...

I've looked at the pictures that I could find of PDA Concept's "HandStand",
but that appears similar to the Portfolio to me. I mean, they show in the
pictures that they crammed some goodies along the sides -- but it really
doesn't look like it has pockets or anything meant to hold them -- just some
extra space to stuff stuff, which isn't really what I'm looking for. Or are
the picture deceptive and it really DOES have such pockets?

So -- what else is there? I haven't even seen pictures of it, but from my
reading it looks like the Apple "Briefcase" case might do, right? From what
I've read, it seems to have a place for all of those things (i.e. pockets for
the goodies) -- is that correct? Anyone have pictures of this case? Or,
maybe even better, anyone have one for sale or trade? I have some other cases
as well as some 32MB FlashRAM cards to choose from if anyone has one and is
interested in a trade...

Anything else that was available that I should be on the lookout for?

Thanks...

 - John...