Re: [NTLK] Cases revisited...

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 00:31:12 EDT

>I currently have the Apple case that I believe is called the "portfolio"
>case. It has a spot for the Newton which can be angled to your liking and
the
>other side holds the keyboard (plus it has those worthless straps), but it
>doesn't seem to have anywhere to hide any goodies, right?

Well if you look on the backside of the part that pops up to angle the newt
you will find two spots for PC cards (if it is the canvas case, the leather
version has more spaces for the cards from what I can tell, but both that
those straps)

>I also own a NewtBoot which is great for holding everything -- except for a
>keyboard, of course...
>
>I've looked at the pictures that I could find of PDA Concept's "HandStand",
>but that appears similar to the Portfolio to me. I mean, they show in the
>pictures that they crammed some goodies along the sides -- but it really
>doesn't look like it has pockets or anything meant to hold them -- just
some
>extra space to stuff stuff, which isn't really what I'm looking for. Or
are
>the picture deceptive and it really DOES have such pockets?

As far as I can tell it does have the quite a few pockets. And I know the
Satalite case that they make now does, and you can get a divider for even
more space. I am looking for a handstand myself actually.

>So -- what else is there? I haven't even seen pictures of it, but from my
>reading it looks like the Apple "Briefcase" case might do, right? From
what
>I've read, it seems to have a place for all of those things (i.e. pockets
for
>the goodies) -- is that correct? Anyone have pictures of this case? Or,
>maybe even better, anyone have one for sale or trade? I have some other
cases
>as well as some 32MB FlashRAM cards to choose from if anyone has one and is
>interested in a trade...

The Breifcase I wanted to get myself, and almost did buy one till I relaized
that it ALSO used those straps. I never thought that such a nice case
otherwise would ALSO use those straps! Especally since they often go for
about $100 on ebay. But I guess to each there own. And you are right,
there is tons of room in that case, and holds the keyboard and the newt all
set up and can be angled like the portfoilo case. It is a great case, if
you don't mind the straps.

-Dan