Re: [NTLK] Source For ISP's

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 09:46:50 EDT

on 23/07/02 09:33, John Ruschmeyer at jruschme_at_mac.com wrote:

> Woo Lee wrote:
>> Try this... www.freedomlist.com .
>>
>> !ooW %-)
>
> My own personal favorite... Access-4-Free.com
>
> $4.95 initial setup
> 10 hrs free per month
> $1/hr for additional hours (up to total of $10)
> Additional hours over 20 are free ($10/mo max. price)
>
> No special dialer required (works with NIE)
> POP3, SMTP, and NNTP servers
>
> As far as I can tell, the biggest downside is that they seem to be
> primarily in metro areas. I have no problem with access from Central NJ
> and see plenty of SoCal numbers, but (for instance) there is no access
> from Killeen, TX where I sometimes have to travel for work.

I'll look at this site, thanks ooW, but, in the meantime, if anybody has a
suggestion for an ISP that has local phone numbers available in the US as
weel as in Canada, that provides a cheap basic service, even if you would
have to pay extra for extra hours, I would like to know. I was a relatively
good camper with G-NetFree, but they lost Uunet and about half of their
local phone numbers in the last few months :-/

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

Evil Empire n.: [from Ronald Reagan's famous characterization of the communist Soviet Union] Formerly IBM,now Microsoft. Functionally, the company most hackers love to hate at any given time. Hackers like to see themselves as romantic rebels against the Evil Empire, and frequently adopt this role to the point of ascribing rather more power and malice to the Empire than it actually has. See also Borg and search for Evil Empire pages on the Web.