[NTLK] Just a feeling. Was- iNewt's new clothes

From: Andy Collins (acollins_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 11:09:51 EDT

This talk of the iNewt shows yet again something you see regularly here...
Most people on this list, myself included, actually _care_ about their
Newts. I you're like me you still get a buzz when the HWR kicks in and gets
the trickiest work right. You love it when you show it to a friend who
starts off be saying "but it's too big" and ends up wanting one. Defensive
when they don't.
There is just something about them. I'm not a Mac user but found this
auction item on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2040414924. It's the
bit at the bottom that struck a chord.

'After 14 years of using Apples, I finally realized what it was all about
when I bought my G4 and saw the power button 'breathing' in its standby
mode, having changed from bright green to a subtle amber. There are people
who work for Apple who suddenly run into the canteen shouting,
"I've thought of something that going to cost us millions, be completely
useless, but is way cool!" and then they build it in. Thus was designed,
the 'breathing' button, useless, but incredibly cool.'

That's it isn't it? That extra something which in itself isn't much but is
part of the thing and helps to shape it.

Enough rambling :-)

Cheers.

Andy.