Re: [NTLK] option globe trotter gprs card and newton

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 02:14:14 EDT

À (At) 0:17 +0200 23/07/02, machula écrivait (wrote) :
>I will do this first thing tomorrow, it seems clear to me.
>I'm getting a bit nervous because 1 august i leave for France and I
>want to be connected to the web with the newton. I am at the point
>that I dont care about costs as long as the connection works, and the
>idea of fast gprs sounded great to me... I read the archives about
>the nokia phone card, but it seems there was a data problem there,
>and its data that I want to transport.

Ahem. I'm definitely not a GSM expert (I don't have a cell phone
myself), but I met Harri Hohteri few days ago here in Paris and he
said that GPRS didn't work (the signal was high but he wasn't able to
connect).
Apparently, to be able to connect to the GPRS network (at least
Bouygues provides it), you need a special subscription.

You might want to check operators' websites:
http://www.sfr.com/en/index.jsp
http://www.orange.fr/0/visiteur/PV (click on Welcome to France)
http://www.bouyguestel.com (DCS1800)

Paul