Re: [NTLK] option globe trotter gprs card and newton

From: machula (barpoes_at_xs4all.nl)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 18:17:54 EDT

> Hi Barb, sorry for not answering you before.
>
> To try to send AT commands with a PC, there should be a program named
>Hyperterminal in (windows mapping). start, programs, accesories,
>communications.
>
> edit a new conection with the following data:
>
> connect using: direct to COM1
> bits per second: 19200
> data bits: 8
> parity bits: none
> stop bits: 1
> flow control: hardware
>

> click ok and, when it's connected (bottom, left in the window) just enter
>AT, the phone should answer ok. Of course with the phone
>connected to the
>computer in COM1.
>
>Let me know if that works, or if you need more steps.
>
>About the Globe Trotter, a fellow NTLKer has one, we're trying to make it
>work. I'd wait to see if the newton can use it.

Thank you so much Daniel!
I will do this first thing tomorrow, it seems clear to me.
I'm getting a bit nervous because 1 august i leave for France and I
want to be connected to the web with the newton. I am at the point
that I dont care about costs as long as the connection works, and the
idea of fast gprs sounded great to me... I read the archives about
the nokia phone card, but it seems there was a data problem there,
and its data that I want to transport.
I also dont dare to buy a new phone because I am not sure which phone
has a newton driver written for it. Another option could be a
bluetooth card in the newton with a bluetooth cellphone.
The whole matter seems so complicated,
i feel I am getting to be a nuisance to the list with this connecting sh**.
have been chewing on it for months now.
Sorry guys...

MACHULA DESIGN
BARBARA DE MACHULA
BLOEMGRACHT 81 1016 KH
AMSTERDAM
THE NETHERLANDS

design_at_STAINSmachula.com (remove STAINS)
tel: 00-31-(0)20-622 58 33
fax:00-31-(0)20-638 24 39
http://www.machula.com
http://www.hammybammy.com