Re: [NTLK] option globe trotter gprs card and newton

From: Daniel Padilla (daniel.padilla_at_wanadoo.es)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 17:44:21 EDT

    Hi Barb, sorry for not answering you before.

    To try to send AT commands with a PC, there should be a program named
Hyperterminal in (windows mapping). start, programs, accesories,
communications.

    edit a new conection with the following data:

    connect using: direct to COM1
     bits per second: 19200
    data bits: 8
    parity bits: none
    stop bits: 1
    flow control: hardware

    click ok and, when it's connected (bottom, left in the window) just enter
AT, the phone should answer ok. Of course with the phone connected to the
computer in COM1.

Let me know if that works, or if you need more steps.

About the Globe Trotter, a fellow NTLKer has one, we're trying to make it
work. I'd wait to see if the newton can use it.