Re: [NTLK] Do I need the Apple AC?

From: Andy Collins (acollins_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 08:50:31 EDT

At 08:29 31/07/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>Hello everyone:).
>
>Just curious, if I were to purchase a messagepad missing the AC adapter,
>could I just run down to radio shack and get an adapter that would work with
>it? Or would I specifically need the apple version?
>
>Thanks!
>
>-Eagan Rackley

Hi Eagan,

General wisdom says it's best to stick to Apple if you can get one however,
IIRC, no one has specifically said what's wrong with other "wall warts"

The FAQ at http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/newton-faq-hardware.html#IIB7
has a fuller explanation and gives a case where the RadioShack unit work well.

Cheers.

Andy.