Re: [NTLK] attention deficit

From: Gavin Williams (gavinwilliams_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 16:36:08 EDT

Try being in a 1 room schoolhouse in New Zealand growing up in the 60's!
My father tells me stories. Everyone thought he was just dumb, when in
fact he was capable of anything! He came here on a fishing boat,
immigrated illegally (accidently, but thats another story) with his only
education being from a 4 year agricultural collage. One day he goes into
a comp usa on a busy day and sels an imac to a customer right in front
of a employee. So they offer him a job, he takes it. Within months he
was managing the apple section, and within months after that he was
managing a ComputerTown. Now hes in the process of moving to a job at
Apple. It just shows what we can do if we are passionate about
something. I dono, i like the story.