Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V2 #415

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 16:34:14 EDT

on 6/5/02 8:30 PM, Mikebridg_at_aol.com at Mikebridg_at_aol.com wrote:

> Thanks for your help Viele. This idea of filing under tabs is new to me could
> you briefly explain how this is done. It sounds as if this would be the
> solution. I could put requently used applications like quicken ad=nd works
> under one tab and games under another?

I think the first thing to do is to tap on the top of the screen, next to
the diamond. I'm guessing that the text there is "All Icons." If so, tap on
that, and from the pop-up list that appears, choose "Unfiled Icons." This
should greatly reduce the screen clutter. Those icons that "do nothing" are
called extensions, and are parts that run automatically, and don't need to
be tapped. Those items that are "unfiled" will be apps you can tap. Some are
"built in" to the Newton, i.e. In its ROM, and can't be removed from the
Newton. Others are items that can be deleted, but you might not want to do
that yet, until you play with them to see if you want them. Hope this helps.

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side.