Re: [NTLK] Softening PDA Market

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 11:00:10 EDT

---- Original Message ----
From: "Stephen Jendraszak" <stevehj_at_mac.com>
To: <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 4:20 PM
Subject: [NTLK] Softening PDA Market

> According to Mac Minute, Palm is now offering a FREE (with mail-in
> rebate) m105 with every m500 in the US and Canada until July 8. This
> seems like a pretty good sign that they are having a hard time moving
> merchandise- maybe Steve was right about the PDA market not being a good
> place to be right now.

The m105 and m500 are discontinued models. And the m105 was never a strong
seller to begin with. I'd say they're just trying to clear out discontinued
stuff.

However, Palm and Handspring are having a hard time right now. Handspring
especially as many users are moving away from them now that they've
announced the discontinuation of the Springboard module.

--
David Orriss Jr.
dave_at_davenet.net

Please email me if you want my ICQ/AIM/IM ID's.