Re: [NTLK] Reset button -- doesn't!

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 10:56:36 EDT

---- Original Message ----
From: "Robert Benschop" <rbenschop_at_mac.com>
To: "NewtonTalk" <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 7:30 AM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Reset button -- doesn't!

> on 07-06-2002 12:34, David Orriss Jr at dave_at_davenet.net wrote:
>
>> I have to MP2100/UPG that have the same problem -- neither of them
>> respond to the reset button. Is this a known problem that happens to
>> newtons eventually? What's the recommended way to repair this?
>
> Did you try one of the many software reset options around ?

I actually pulled all power from the unit, held down the power switch, and
put an adapter into it to turn it back on. That prompted me with the 'are
you sure you want to erase all data?' Which I did so I said 'yes'.

Guess I'll crack them open and find out what's up...

--
David Orriss Jr.
dave_at_davenet.net

Please email me if you want my ICQ/AIM/IM ID's.