Re: [NTLK] OT: NT Tab completion (was Re:The OQO should have been the new Newton?)

From: Lee, Christopher J (christopher.j.lee_at_intel.com)
Date: Sat Jun 08 2002 - 15:50:49 EDT

In my experience, people are far more afraid of the Registry than they
should be. Very little that you do in the Reg is gonna completely disable
your OS install. Just export the key before you delete/change it and 9 times
out of 10 you're gonna be just fine.

I think all the self-appointed Windows experts overstate the danger in the
interests of CYA. Just don't muck about if you don't know explicitly what
you are doing; the same holds true of simply deleting files.