Re: [NTLK] eMate non-charging Issues....

From: victor_at_newtontalk.net
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 11:01:36 EDT

Try this:

When the battery isn't working, power it up using reset and then open Extras.
There should be some status text underneath the battery meter on the right.
If it says "Fault" there then there's probably some flaky wiring in your
battery or elsewhere.

Just had this happen with the second 2100 I got - the battery is toast. The
Newton tries to do the pre-charge, and then stops with an error, and then the
battery status changes to Fault. Most likely I have a dead cell.

-- Victor