Re: [NTLK] Newt as 802.11 AP (was: WaveLAN Driver 1.0)

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 17:28:30 EDT

>Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:23:29 -0400
>Subject: [NTLK] Newt as 802.11 AP (was: WaveLAN Driver 1.0)
>From: Jesse Garnier <jgarnier_at_mac.com>
>

>Robert Benschop wrote not long ago (6/10/02 2:56 PM):
>
>>> The access point does not matter as long as it is 802.11b. Remember you
>>> arent sticking the access point in the newton just the card.
>>
>> But the first one who manages to do this anyway gets a free 2100 !
>
>Ooooooh, what a great idea, turning a Newt into a software base
>station/access point! No longer would you join a wireless network, you would
>*be* the wireless network!

Did I just say SCAN would rock? Okay, for my purposes, SCAN would be
of higher value, but networking all my 2100s (okay, just two) this
way sounds like a great idea... W-LAN chat, W-LAN pkg transfer, W-LAN
games... oh, if all those people here on campus would just be a
little bit more *equipped*... want my notes? Okay, just switch your
iBook to ad-hock-mode...

Oliver :)

--
I refuse to modify my behaviour just so some mechanical device can
function properly. That really doesn't make sense.