Re: [NTLK] Data from dead Newton

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 11:20:17 EDT

on 08-06-2002 12:11, Jill Barrett at jill_at_vapidthumbtack.com wrote:

> I've tried other PDA's but I don't like them after using a Newton for over
> seven years. I have a 'spare' MP2K; but some of the critical data is on my
> internal store rather than on a card, and my NBU/ NCU capability broke long
> ago as far as making a full backup goes.

Jill. this isn't going to help you at this moment, the SBM suggestion was a
good one.

But to stop this from happening in the future, you should be able to make
backups...

Did you always start with a fresh backup ? Rule number one with backups of a
Newt is not to keep updating the last one you made, but instead start fresh
each time.

In case a fresh one doesn't work please relate all the details to the list
(which platform the setup on your Newt errors etc.) this list isn't so bad
about giving good advice ;-)

Robert Benschop