Re: [NTLK] [OT] Football and nationalism

From: richard_at_cyberphotographer.com
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 12:47:28 EDT

>If they were patriots, they would have opposed independence for the USA.
>Because technically, they were Brits.

<joke> I think independence is where it all started going wrong for
our transatlantic cousins. Of course, all will be forgiven if you
beat the Germans at football on Friday or break up Microsoft.

(BTW I would love to know if USA's Quarter Final against Germany
finally gets some air time. Let me know:
mailto:020618ntlk_at_cyberphotographer.com)