Re: [NTLK] up in the sky

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 22:57:32 EDT

on 19/06/02 18:54, James Elliott at james.elliott_at_newted.org wrote:

> I don't know. You need a special utility to delete soups, right?
>
> -James
>
>> You know, I've got "Plan9" on my 2100, and don't know if you can activate it
>> via the "normal" method. Does deleting the TimeZones soup make the aliens
>> show up on the 2k series? Or did they take that out too, like the eclipse
>> and Doonsberry eggs? (Shame if they did)

You can just open Extras, then switch to the storage items. These items that
look like little safes are actually soups. If you scrub one, you'll get a
confirmation message. You can also file them to a different store, so that
every entry will be filed on that store. Not all soups are showing in
Extras, though...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

farming n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] What the heads of a disk drive are said to do when they plow little furrows in the magnetic media. Associated with a crash. Typically used as follows: "Oh no, the machine has just crashed; I hope the hard drive hasn't gone farming again." No longer common; modern drives automatically park their heads in a safe zone on power-down, so it takes a real mechanical problem to induce this.