[NTLK] IEEE 802.11b

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 03:52:42 EDT

Hi all,
I'm about to buy a notebook (non-Apple :-( for my daughter and the one I've
found so far had the 802.11b option. What exactly does this mean an what is
required to get this notebook connected wirelessly to my
AppleTalk/TCP/IP/Dave-running home network? Could I install an Airport or
wireless LAN access point for the notebook and use this with the Newton as
well? Has anyone done this and is it worth the effort? I already got
ethernet wires in nearly each room of our house.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG