Re: [NTLK] Auto-dismiss alarms?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 11:45:20 EDT

On 20/06/02 11:33, "oliver.brose_at_t-online.de" <oliver.brose_at_t-online.de>
wrote:

>> Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 18:21 -0700 (PDT)
>> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Auto-dismiss alarms?
>> From: Woo Lee <vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net>
>>

>> Not sure about 'after' an alarm notice, but 'Alarmed & Dangerous' from =
>> standalone.com has an option to delete any future alarms.
>> BTW, A&D will delete the 'To-Do 3am roll-over' alarm, but only for one day.
>
> I want to get rid of that 3am alarm once and for all!
> I sleep like a stone, but other people in this house have just this
> morning offered me to throw my Newt (and they meant the precious US
> Newt) out into the pond.
> There are ugly, unspeakable things in the abyss of this pond, and the
> dragonflys get bigger each year.
>
> So please, if anyone knows about how to get rid of the alarm at 3am -
> permanently - please let me know!
> This is as in *turn it off*, not as in "see to it that you click away
> your alerts when they appear".

What do you mean, "turn off the alarm at 3am"? I don't have any alarm at
3am. My Newton turns itself on at 3am to do some housekeeping (this has been
documented many times here), but doesn't post any alarm. The only thing I
can see is that you left an alarm on screen so it sounds again when the
Newton wake up at 3am.

-Laurent.

benchmark n.: [techspeak] An inaccurate measure of computer performance. "In
the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and
benchmarks." Well-known ones include Whetstone, Dhrystone, Rhealstone (see
h), the Gabriel LISP benchmarks (see gabriel), the SPECmark suite, and
LINPACK. See also machoflops, MIPS, smoke and mirrors.