Re: [NTLK] [OT] up in the sky

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 21:57:55 EDT

>On 6/24/02 @ 1:02 AM, Woo Lee wrote:
>
>'Skunkworks' was 'the bomb'. I wonder what stuff wasn't
>finished and what took over after it was officially
>closed(or was it?).

As for the SR-71, the planes went to museums or the bone yard.

Kelly Johnson at the request of the CIA, had all the jigs and molds
destroyed after production was finished to preclude any of the
information falling into the wrong hands.

While out of service, many of the technologies used in the SR are still
classified.

As for SW, they are still up and running.

Sushi