Re: [NTLK] USB to Serial Adapter Antics

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.net)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 08:15:20 EDT

on 24/06/02 00:15, martina wilson at redpilldog_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> i have had the same frustrations with the serial belkin hub. it works
> only occasionally in 9.2, and the regular usb hub locks up my system
> frequently as well. i too have thrown mine to the good riddence pile.
> i found the cheaper route to be the purchase of the wireless card and
> driver. it costs about the same as the keyspan and works great! thanks
> to way wong for the demo and use of his card to try at the last LAnug
> meeting. i got my card this past sat and it's worked great!
>
> martina
> vice pres LAnug
> LAnug_at_earthlink.net
>
> On Sunday, June 23, 2002, at 08:56 PM, David Firth wrote:
>

>> I am annoyed. I should have done my homework. However, the Belkin USB to
>> Serial adapter for Mac was on the clearance shelf and came with those
>> colored slide on flavor covers and I couldn't help myself. I bought it
>> and
>> can't get the darned thing to work with my iBook 500 and my MP 2100.
>> Belkin's docs and site says it works with Newt. My experience under OS
>> 9.2
>> (no OS X on my Mac) is that the Belkin adapter sw locks up my iBook
>> solid
>> when trying to use Newton Package Installer or even ZTerm.

Strange. I've read it was running fine for a lot of people... I don't have
one myself, though...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                            <http://members.cox.net/nemesys>
Logiciels Nemesys Software                            mailto:nemesys_at_cox.net

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -Rich Cook