Re: [NTLK] Desperately Seeking Wise, Kind Help...

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 21:44:34 EDT

>Hello Everyone,
>
>About a week ago, the 2100 began to have pen alignment problems. No matter
>how many times I reset the alignment in the preferences, the pen was never
>in the correct and expected point. This was erratic; with the alignment
>sometimes being higher, lower, left, right, always changing.
>
>Sometimes thought things would be normal. I have not added any new
>software in months or changed any settings or preferences in other
>programs. I cleaned the screen, and made sure there was no debris by
>gently running a business card around the screen and it's frame.
>
>Well, things have taken a turn for the worse, Today my 2100 decided that
>along with the alignment problems, it now has severe jaggies. It is
>unusable in this state. Help! What can I do? Is this a hardware issue, and
>if so, is there anyone who can repair this for me?
>

>Michael Nerad

Sorry to hear about your illness. The alignment problems and "jaggies"
can be caused by dirt under the screen. Use a business card and run it
around the screen edge to try to dislodge dirt that may be trapped there.
 If this works, you're in the clear. If not, I'm afraid that you have a
hardware problem that requires opening the Newt. Others on this list can
chime in if this is the case.

Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net

NuShields: Your best defense against screen damage
http://www.NuShield.com

Phone/Fax/Voicemail: (530) 678-5513