Re: [NTLK] Harry Potter Books

From: Samuel Jacobson (jacobson98_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 22:56:10 EST

> It was only -the- most publicized case of 2000.
> <URL:http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,35933,00.html>
>
> | Nevertheless I greatly appreciate all of your time and feelings on the
> | discussion.

  While I appreciate the link and, as a scientist, I would be the first to
say that I have no legal expertise whatsoever, I do not see how a ruling on
MP3's tranlates to a governing law on e-books. I suppose because of my
background I would need to see a ruling that either links MP3's to e-books,
or a specific ruling on e-books itself. Also, please forgive me but I do
not consider wired.com an authoritative source as I was expecting something
with what I consider to be a bit more legitamacy. Do you per chance know
the cite to the court case itself?

  Evenso thanks for trying, I appreciate it.

Always,

Sam

Always remember, "Ad astra per aspera"...

email:
      jacobson98_at_earthlink.net
      or
      sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu

Lab. Telephone (via Dr. Susan Bell): 813-974-5420

SnailMail:
     Department of Biology
     University of South Florida
     SCA 110