Re: [NTLK] [OT] Harry Potter Books

From: Lou Forlini (lforlini_at_sspi-software.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 23:40:20 EST

> While I appreciate the link and, as a scientist, I would be the first to
>say that I have no legal expertise whatsoever, I do not see how a ruling on
>MP3's tranlates to a governing law on e-books. I suppose because of my
>background I would need to see a ruling that either links MP3's to e-books,
>or a specific ruling on e-books itself. Also, please forgive me but I do
>not consider wired.com an authoritative source as I was expecting something
>with what I consider to be a bit more legitamacy. Do you per chance know
>the cite to the court case itself?

Sam,

    The court decision:

    <http://www.riaa.org/PDF/MP3_Court_Ruling.pdf>

    A summary of the DMCA from the Copyright Office:

    <http://www.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf>

    or, read the whole law if you want:

<http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=105_cong_bills&docid=f:h2281enr.txt.pdf>

    Regards,