Re: [NTLK] Newton Book Format

From: Dakkar (ceccarel_at_cibslogin.sns.it)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 08:54:15 EST

I, too, have started reverse-engineering the book format. What I've
discovered is available at:
           http://www.thenautilus.net/misc/formato.txt
(it's a semi-newtonscript file, with comments in english)

there are still some obscure areas...
my aim was to write a xml (docbook perhaps) to newtonscript converter,
then feed the output to NTK. I don't think building a
newton-press-like program is an easy task: it's easier to exit in text
format, and let NTK worry about compilation.

--

Dakkar - <Mobilis in mobile>

Frobnicate, v.: To manipulate or adjust, to tweak. Derived from FROBNITZ. Usually abbreviated to FROB. Thus one has the saying "to frob a frob." See TWEAK and TWIDDLE. Usage: FROB, TWIDDLE, and TWEAK sometimes connote points along a continuum. FROB connotes aimless manipulation; TWIDDLE connotes gross manipulation, often a coarse search for a proper setting; TWEAK connotes fine-tuning. If someone is turning a knob on an oscilloscope, then if he's carefully adjusting it he is probably tweaking it; if he is just turning it but looking at the screen he is probably twiddling it; but if he's just doing it because turning a knob is fun, he's frobbing it.