Re: [NTLK] Oronico 802.11 cards?

From: Stainless Steel Rat (ratinox_at_peorth.gweep.net)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 10:29:06 EST

* John Skinner <john_at_johnskinner.net> on Sun, 03 Mar 2002
| Another draw back is that these cards WILL NOT connect to an Apple Base
| Station or any other WAP (Wireless Access Point). They will only talk to
| another 802.11 device in AdHoc mode on channel 3.

This is an aspect of the current driver implementation, not the cards
themselves. Laurent is working on an improved driver that should be able
to operate in the standard mode (I forget the name).

Also, an access point operating in adhoc mode on channel 3 should be able
to talk to the Lucent NIC, but I have not tried it since I don't have a
Lucent NIC to try.

--
Rat <ratinox_at_peorth.gweep.net>    \ Do not use Happy Fun Ball on concrete.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \