[NTLK] Ethernet Card troubles

From: eric a . Farris (eafarris_at_bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 15:49:06 EST

I used a Newton for years (a 130 then a 2000), then bailed to the PalmOS
and various incarnations of Windows CE. It's taken me three years, but
i'm back. i just will not find a better handheld than the Newton. Plus,
i was GIVEN a 2100. so there we go :)

anyway, i've got a 3Com/Megahertz ethernet card (3CCE589ET) here, and
have installled all the necessary drivers, NIE2, and have made a
connection in Internet Setup. When i insert the card, it is properly
recognized by the Newton, and i get das-blinkenlights, on the card and
on the hub. after a few seconds, though, the lights go out, and the
connection drops.

The Newton does not respond to a ping, ever.

I've tried nHTTPd, Newtscape, NewtVNC, with no luck. nHTTPd gives me a
-60508 error after i hit 'Connect.'

Any ideas what could be going on here? If i could get this working, it
would further seal the Newt as my PDA, and Visors and iPaqs can begin
showing up on eBay :)

--
eric a. Farris  eafarris_at_bigfoot.com  www.bigfoot.com/~eafarris
Systems Administrator

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... oh, wait, he does.

Man is timid. He no longer says 'I think,' or 'I am,' but quotes some prophet or sage. -- R. W. Emerson