My kids (9 and 6) have started to use MP 120s that I picked up a few
years ago from the Toronto Newton shop. They are frustrated by the
HWR, but enthusiastic about them in general. I hope readers with long
memories can help me with a few questions. I've checked the FAQ and an
older FAQ for 1.x machines, but I may have missed something.
1. I will install Graffiti for them. What is the status of FreeStyle?
I can find a demo, but did it ever go beyond this for 1.x?
2. My older daughter is an avid reader of fantasy novels and would
enjoy YAZI. But am I right in thinking that the 1.x version has no
games for it, while the 2.x version does?
3. Any hope of getting 2.0 ROMs for these beasts, and if so, any hope
that someone who sweats over putting his own memory in a G4 can
manage it himself?
4. Any other suggestions that might be good for kids?
5. I have an aging beige G3 with a serial port, but everything else
Mac in our home or offices is newer. Will a USB-to-serial adaptor
work with NCK? Does it run under Classic? What other solutions are
there for transfer to/from newer machines?
Thanks very much. --PR
-- Have you checked the FAQ lately? http://www.guns-media.com/mirrors/newton/faq/ This is the NewtonTalk mailing list - http://www.newtontalk.net To unsubscribe/manage: visit the above link. Questions: victor_at_newtontalk.net
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Apr 02 2002 - 14:02:09 EST