Re: [NTLK] Newton->appletalk->ethernet->Hub<-MacOS 8.6<-T-DSL

From: Simon Roberts (srob_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 12:18:34 EST

Hi,

I use my MP2100 with a Farallon Ethernet card over T-DSL. I used to use IPNR
on my Mac as a router together with MacPOET for the PPPoE authentication,
which T-DSL, like many other ADSL providers, requires. I'm not sure whether
the latest IPNR versions have PPPoE built-in or if you still need additional
software.

Whilst I did get it working, it was never really satisfactory (you really
need 2 Ethernet ports to do routing properly) and I ended up buying a
dedicated router. I use the Draytek Vigor 2200 which also has a built-in hub
and works very well. I've got an AirPort Base Station plugged into the one
of the ports so that our AirPort equipped Macs can also enjoy the T-DSL
connection.

I sometimes still use IPNR to route between my local Ethernet and T-Online
over ISDN. IPNR works very well in this configuration.

In all cases, I use a DHCP for the MP2100 Internet setup.

I'm not sure if the above helps but feel free to email me off-list if you
need to know anything more about my current or previous setup.

Simon Roberts
Berlin, Germany