Re: [NTLK] Ibook, NCU, Newton MP130/2100

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 03:55:36 EST

on 3/9/02 4:33 AM, Zander Goss at zandergoss_at_marmothall.net wrote:

> I have an iBook 500 Mhz w/ 256 Mb. I also have a Belkin serial adapter with
> both major types of serial plug. Using these with my Newton 2100u or my
> friends 130 which I am borrowing (Dr. Newton has yet to say he is ready for
> me to ship several weeks (O.K. Maybe just two) after my saying "Ready to
> ship") can I use NCU and synch between the devices, or do I need anything
> else? TIA!

I don't use the Belkin, (use the Keyspan instead) but other than the
software necessary to recognize the Belkin, you should have no
problems--under OS 9. I don't know if this works in Classic, so boot in OS
9, and run NCU with the adapter and Newton all plugged in and ready to go.
Open the prefs, and select the Belkin port from the list, and you should be
ready to go...

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams