Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V2 #201

From: Donald & Heather Hindle (donald.hindle_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 12:51:04 EST

Thanks for your kind reply, and thanks so much to everybody who replied.
I can't believe how well the Newton understands my writing. I've played
with Notepad a little bit and it works well as long as I don't get
careless. (It definitely understands my writing a lot better than
ViaVoice understands my voice!). I am having a blast with this thing! I
read though some of the PDF manual last night and every couple of
minutes I found something new to try. So far I feel pretty good about
buying this instead of a Palm. The calendar, names, and to do list look
more than powerful enough for my needs and the notepad will allow me to
make this a one stop device.

Now for a couple more stupid newbie questions

1. When I try highlighting a word and doing the downward drag to change
it from upper to lower case (as shown on page 26 of the manual). every
time I do I either overwrite the selected test with an "I" or the Newton
thinks I want to drag the selected text somewhere. Any suggestions?

2. This is kind of esoteric. Before I bought the Newton I read a post
somewhere about a guy being able t write in Hebrew on a MP after
choosing Hebrew from a 'Style' menu. I use Hebrew in one class and it
would be handy to include Hebrew letters inline with my notes from time
to time. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks again to all!

Donald Hindle