Re: [NTLK] wanted mp 130

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Mar 10 2002 - 12:07:54 EST

Am 10.3.2002 12:01 Uhr schrieb "Daniel Wignall" unter
<bigwigs_at_ozemail.com.au>:
> well i must be very confused about the whole os thing oops. so a rom chip
> is my only hope is that right if it has a german os.
Yes, you should get a US NOS2.0 ROM module, which is not unreal. Maybe
someone got a defective MP130 but the ROM is intact. I upgraded once a MP120
from german NOS1.3 to 2.0 and it worked very smootly.

In principle you could patch the NOS to become whatever language you want
but this would require lots of effort to write the patch and beside the time
for programming the patch would require RAM space too. It is done to e.g.
Expand country settings and e.g. For all the russification patches. Swapping
the ROM is easier and cheaper probably too.

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand

http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG