Re: [NTLK] Browser

From: William R. Dickson (wrd_at_awenet.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 01:57:40 EST

On Sunday, March 10, 2002, at 08:14 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

>> Which browser would the list recommend, NetHopper or NewtScape (or
>> others), for faster/better page rendering?
>> I keep getting page errors using NetHopper on sites that should be
>> easily displayed because they are mainly text. i.e. macsurfer.com.
>
> What kind of page errors?

I tried NetHopper 3.2 myself just this weekend, and what I found was
that it doesn't seem to send the host field when it requests a page, so
that servers that do single-IP virtual hosting just serve it up the
default domain rather than the requested domain. Is this the case, or
am I perhaps missing part of NetHopper?

Thanks,

-Bill

--
  William R. Dickson -- Consuming the Earth's limited resources since 1968
  wrd_at_awenet.com                              http://www.manoutoftime.org/

"Well I used to be disgusted, But now I try to be amused"

- Elvis Costello