Re: [NTLK] Serious Dates app problem

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 03:06:22 EST

on 3/12/02 1:41 AM, emdub at emdub_at_mac.com wrote:

> It was this app that reminded you of appointments and stuff when you
> turned on your Newt. I erased it though... anyway, how can I be sure it
> didn't mess up the date soup? It stopped working some time after I
> installed the reminder thing but it still worked for some time. I
> remember it stopped working after I deleted an appointment, though I
> doubt it has anything to do with that.

What you have is a corrupt entry. There is a "minor" bug in the todos
section of the Newton that can cause corruption, but that doesn't
necessarily mean that you are suffering from that.

This may be tedious, but I suggest getting a soup browser (Soup Kitchen, or
the similar utility from SBM utilities) and going through your calendar and
todos soups, entry by entry. This is likely to find the corrupt entry by
popping up an error. An alternative would be to delete the soups, and enter
everything again from scratch! ouch.
For names, Standalone has a little utility that can find corrupt name
entries, but I don't know if something similar exists for Dates? Anyone???

I suppose it is possible that you have too many items in your Newton? If you
have tons of todos, maybe you could try Foundation System's NewtToDo. (I'm
playing with it, but bemoan it's lack of integration with the built-in app.)

That is about the extent of my knowledge. . . :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland