Re: [NTLK] Removing animation

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 06:18:29 EST

Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 05:52:44 -0500 (EST)
From: speedy2 <speedy2_at_dag.net>

>Is it possible to remove the animation from actions like taping the
>Extra's drawer?

Sure.
If you have Speech to NewtonScript installed, just say:
"run GetRoot().ExtrasDrawer.viewEffect := 0;"
(without the quotes)

If you want the animation back, reboot or say:
"run RemoveSlot( GetRoot().ExtrasDrawer, 'viewEffect );"

>I think the animation is cute, but I would prefer the drawer open
>instantly and there be no animation when clicking the button. The lag in
>animating things makes the machine feel slow when obviously it is not.

The problem with Extras Drawer open time is definitely not the
animation. Compare opening and closing (or try the previous line).
It probably can be fastened by other means, though. But I think I'd
better focus on fastening ATA Support release ;)

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/