Re: [NTLK] Hard reset - Who Does 'em?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 16:28:18 EST

On 12/03/02 16:18, "Chris Chapman" <pan1k_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

> True. With the newton that I am getting, I am going to start fresh as I can.
> How can I make sure I get my Dateman Data on to the newt? It's the only
> think i'm really worried about . .

Well, before blowing everything out, I would look for a soup that can be
associated with Dateman. What is also quite possible is that Dateman
modifies the Date soup to add its own stuff, so by backing up and restoring
the Date soup, you would be safe. However, I don't have anything to sustain
this affirmation/guess/whatever...

-Laurent.

fascist adj.: [common] Said of a computer system with excessive or annoying
security barriers, usage limits, or access policies. The implication is that
said policies are preventing hackers from getting interesting work done. The
variant `fascistic' seems to have been preferred at MIT, poss. by analogy
with `touristic' (see tourist or under the influence of German/Yiddish
`faschistisch').