Re: [NTLK] Mad Max problems

From: Eckhart Koeppen (eck1000_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 17:18:34 EST

Rolf Brakvatne wrote:
> I am trying to become familiar with Mad Max for a Mac club demo, but I am
> having trouble playing any MP3 file downloaded to my 2100.
>
> Particulars:
> 1. Files are very small <100K.

That is pretty small, but the file size is usually not a factor when
considering playback quality.

> 2. Files (AIFF) are recorded in mono, 64kps, 44.1kHz and converted to MP3's
> using iTunes.

22khz should definitely be enough, but mono/64 kbits should play at
least ok. I've tested with various bit rates and 112 seems to be the
maximum for the currently non-optimized code. Do you have any other
applications open when you play the files?

Eckhart

--
                   -- eck_at_40hz.org -- www.40hz.org --